When you think of Provence and the French countryside, you're sure to see lavendar fields and bright sunshine. While there are many elements that contribute to the French Country style of decorating, the resulting look is always rustic, old, and welcoming. Learn how to bring the element of French Country style into your home.
This cozy, warm, ancient spirit interior style has many admirers worldwide. Provence style charms with its old furniture, cosy things, light-colored romantic color palette.
The main Provence style interior features:
- following the motto: old things are fascinating;
- light color palette; typical colors: white, pale yellow, terracotta, rosy, olive green and lavender color;
- wooden or tiled floor;
- uneven wall texture;
- wallpaper with floral ornaments;
- simple white curtains made of natural fabrics;
- furniture should not be perfect, the older it is, the better; white or dark rough wood furniture, obviously time-worn, gives this interior exclusivity;
- antique furniture is valued;
- a cupboard with beautiful family dishes is an important accent of kitchen;
- the walls of kitchen are often decorated with plates and copper pots;
- typical interior accents - mirror with massive antique frames, chandelier, embroidery, tablecloths, napkins, romantic flowery cushions;
- traditional motifs are olives, sunflowers, grapes, lavender;
- interior is decorated with lots of small details - pictures, old metal candlesticks, framed photos, ceramics as well as dried flower arrangements, fresh flowers, dipped into simple vases, jars, cups, mugs; lavender reflects the spirit of Provence more than any other flower.
"Porto-Fino interjera salons"